3.2.06

heard some good dj's this week

Whoa, i accidently uploaded the image twice, but it looks pretty rad doubled, huh?
These picks are inspired by the good DJ's i've heard this week. I've been tuning into the radio alot this week and there's been some way good sets. Also there is a new thursday dance spot that just started up and it seems real promising. I've been a few times, DJ Assault already seems to be a crowd favorite esp. "Take it in the Face" which is as catchy as it is raunchy, i also included his "classic" "G-String". Jefferson Ave. kids! All last night I heard some ESG ("Dance" but i picked "get funky" cos wouldn't it have been cooler if they played that?) and TTC ("dans la club" but some other blog called said the gramaphone already posted that recently according to hype machine so i decided to post "codeine"). OH also i had to join the crowd include a track from prolly my favorite band (can we make the knife moka motel's official favorite band, moka?), the knife. Silent Shout seems like it's going to be one of those records with rotating favorites. I was going to post "marble house" but the outrageousness of "one hit" seemed to fit better.
this is kindof a random post, but i felt like blogging so i hope you find something in this bunch you like.
-chris

ESG- Get Funky
DJ Assault- Take It In The Face
DJ Assault- G- String
TTC-Codeine
Loose Joints- Is it All Over My Face? (Larry Levan is an awesome producer remix)
Depeche Mode- Enjoy the Silence
The Knife- One Hit

image is by Lyle Carbajal

*Update: Hi moka here, edited, after all, the post's double image.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Makrugaik said…

    Dooooood, this...is...awesome. I was a huge fan of DJ Assault's Belle Isle Tech album and I can't express how much I love the work of Mr. Levan. And I really like the pic. Basquiat-esque. But better! THANKS! My name's Chris too BTW!

     
  • At 11:10 AM, February 04, 2006, Anonymous Moka said…

    Yes I think the image doubled seems nice in here. I was going to edit the post but I think it looks nice this way.
    And yet another knife song. It seems they're verybody's favorite here at the motel.

     
  • At 9:43 PM, February 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no se puede tener demasiado knife.
    great pic(ks).

    GiL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home