8.3.06

progg, my best friend, tog dellik yb em


whoa, it's been along time since i've done this, but i felt the urge so...
forgive me if you've heard about these too much already, i'm a little out of touch with the net world these days, cept' for myspace (our station mananger told us to make a myspace for our show so i had to do that, it is sort of a neat thing actually, i just asked joe bussard to be me and oum's friend, how cool, huh..?) . but anyways what did i bring today? first some tracks from the latest ...not a four letter word comp's on prog rock. I have the folk one of these (which i like) and Prog is not a Four Letter Word is qualtiy too. People like prog music for many different and sometimes opposing reasons. I like poppy prog so that is what i picked to share but i know others who like different tracks much better. some prog heads might think i do this comp injustice, but i hope not!
Illes-Nem Erdekel Amit Mondsz
Bran-Breuddwyd
Martin Kratochvil's Jazz Q- Toledo

next up is a record called I Killed My Best Friend by Le Volume Courbe. I thought of this blog when i heard this record last week. I guess similar type music is posted here often or atleast i imagine such. But i enjoy this little eerie but very likeable pop minatures on this record, she fleshes out other songs more but i don't like those as much. These are far more mystery. (the liner notes say kevin sheilds does some mixing and guitars, is it me or is he really busy these days?) ...ugg...all music tellsme now this is under or on astralwerks..i'm thinking twice but i suppose i'll still post and just feel bad about it. sigh, it's still good music.

Le Volume Courbe- Papillon De Nuit
Le Volume Courbe- I Killed My Best Friend
Le Volume Courbe- The Mind Is a Horse

lastly an oddity, for me at least, well we randomly got this record in the mail from japan, we were pleased enough at that but then we opened it and it was a band called Bathtub Shitter. Wow, you can imagine how excited we were about that. It is very silly metal punk or something it needs to be a little bit more ridiculous for me to really endorse it but we were just so pleased by the whole thing i felt i could post some tracks. the second song appears to be completely in reverse, which is how it appears on the record, but their music is almost more interesting that way. Fun but, moka, you might hate this.

Bathtub Shitter-Skate of Bulgaria
Bathtub Shitter- stihs latem

okay, asked oum if she wanted to add she said maybe later , so look for her to post later this week maybe.

cheers,
chris

this image is a detail of a Crish and Oum collab painty dootle

11 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Squashed said…

    le volume courbe is awesome. I was about to post one of their track. (have/have not)... that piece is just incredible.

     
  • At 8:53 PM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Matthew Devo said…

    This blog is so great, I was starting an mp3 blog myself but you guys are so good that I had to desist and fall to your charms instead.

    You were right, Le volume courbe fits very well with the type of music in here (is there a type of music in here?) Peace and thanks.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    Why should I hate it? It reminded me a bit of those Mike Patton projects, in fact stihs latem is very funny. I'll use it to scare guests at my house parties in the future.

    Really fun :)

     
  • At 8:57 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    Ah the other picks are great! thanks.
    Cool doodle.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh i dunno, it wasn't a dig. i was just fearing it too unsophisticated and boyish for your liking, glad you like it! thanks for letting us still post!
    -c

     
  • At 9:08 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    ah I also have "folk is a four letter word" sweet comp, didn't knew they had a prog comp, I'm getting my hands on that one.

    What's the myspace url for you guys?

     
  • At 9:14 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Squashed said…

    "Matthew Devo said...
    (is there a type of music in here?) . "

    We are trying to figure that one out ourselves. But I think everybody keeps posting crazy stuff and having too much fun and never figure it out. so it is what it is I suppose.

    I'll make the next attempt once SXSW posts are over. (there is that bubble bath list, I still want to make too. hmmm... )

     
  • At 9:17 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Squashed said…

    Anonymous said...
    oh i dunno, it wasn't a dig. i was just fearing it too unsophisticated and boyish for your liking, glad you like it! thanks for letting us still post!
    -c "

    hah, I thought I am the only one afraid of posting dorky stuff. :D

    hey chris you should post one of those trippy old blues, you now electronica people like 'em for mixing.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, March 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been searching "le volume courbe" for a while now. Thanks for this. Good blog, keep it up, I'll catch with you later.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Makrugaik said…

    Dug that prog! Took me forever to figure out that backwards writing thing...

     
  • At 3:51 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Makrugaik said…

    I've just had my mind entired by how cool that Delay 68 label is. Any charitible contributions from the Folk Is Not A Four Letter Word comp. would be greatly appreciated. Did you see that they are doing Glam Is Not A Four Letter? These guys are really going for it. It has Andy Votel behind it, so that makes a bit a more sense...as far as it existing and stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home