10.7.06

// Pitchfork pretends not to read me.

Being this a mixtape blog, this may seem out of place, but it was quite funny and interesting to read the blogreadership response at Gorilla vs Bear and other blogs to the now infamous Sound Team review. As mp3 blog reader I've felt dragged into it and compelled to take part in it. So here for you Pitchfork lovers, haters and couldn’tcareless-ers, I give you:

Ideas for Pitchfork bashing/supporting t-shirts.

Directions:
take a waterproof marker and a t-shirt and write down any of these slogans or come up with your own, there's a slogan for every side. (For better effect use a band t-shirt.)



Pitchfork judges albums by their covers.

Movie Monster:
When Pitchfork jumped the shark.

Proud 3.7

Pitchfork = 3.7

Pitchfork ate my baby.

Pitchfork hates blog people.

Pitchfork rated my career off.

I don’t like Pitchfork I just read it.

Front – The Rapture - Echoes, best album of 2003.
Back - Really?

Front - Pitchfork hates my favorite album.
Back – Good thing I haven’t bought it yet.

Front - Pitchfork rhymes with bitch-whore.
Back – Yes it does.

Front - Do you remember when Pitchfork didn’t suck?
Back - Me neither!

Front - I had homosex with Pitchfork
Back – And it wasn’t good.

Front - Pitchfork reviewers don’t eat well.
Back – I was there.

Pitchy-poo, why don’t you like me?

Pitchfork broke up my band.

I was there when Save Ferris got reviewed.

P-fork you've been YouTube'd!

Pitchfork rhymes with fascist.
Small print - (ok it doesn’t but you get the point)

I’d rather be deaf than blind, Pitchy-poo.

I do enjoy reading my opinions.

Pitchfork knows best.

Pitchfork told me to delete (insert band name here).

(Arrow pointing left)
I’m with closeted Pitchfork reader.

Pitchfork pretends not to read me.

Your mama is so stupid she checks Pitchfork for mp3s.


I know it's been over a week, but it's never too late to mock.
Hope you have better ones.

Don't be a-hating.

9 Comments:

  • At 1:39 AM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Squashed said…

    just hope yer not starting an interblog flamewar Gil. jeebus.

     
  • At 1:46 AM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Kyle said…

    Bitch-whore. HA!

     
  • At 1:53 AM, July 10, 2006, Blogger GiL said…

    maybe i should've added a disclaimer
    but i think flamewars are too funny to be avoided.

    it's good to laugh at our discontent.

    hope you find it amusing squashed.

     
  • At 2:02 AM, July 10, 2006, Blogger DudeAsInCool said…

    But have you seen this video? :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qaIrxuSN84

     
  • At 10:59 AM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Squashed said…

    GiL said...
    hope you find it amusing squashed.

    I've done my p4k bitching before. that was fun too.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger fascistsoundwaves said…

    I actually find Pitchfork's take on Sound Team, irregardless of the number rating, generally agreeable. While name-dropping contrived 'influences' isn't my idea of approaching objectivity, the hard-cut opinions expressed in Pitchfork can stir up waters that haven't, and probably should, be stirred in the online community. Hell, whether the review itself parallels one's own views, its certainly beneficial to toss the issue around. Pitchfork articles also tend to supply useful references and tidbits scattered in amongst their mediocre writing. Those aspects benefit and stimulate the mp3 blogosphere, often through controversy, and make the mp3 blog community more accessible and viable to nonbloggers and casual visitors like myself.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger madpercolator said…

    GiL, this post kicks WILD amounts of ass! I am cracking up. (Of course, ironically, I find it true)...

     
  • At 4:15 AM, July 12, 2006, Blogger DudeAsInCool said…

    Now they are bashing Anathallo - gave them a big 2.7!

     
  • At 12:43 AM, July 21, 2006, Blogger nawanda37 said…

    "bitch-whore" = huge thumbs up. if i get motivated enough to trash an undershirt...i'm going w/this one.



    "irregardless" = not a word.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home