28.3.06

Paavoharju - Tuote-akatemia / Unien Savonlinna EP

Paavoharju's precise combination of broken chords, acoustic guitars, spiritual choral vocals and digital filters will always leave me in ceaseless wonder - in search of lost time. Describing their music is very hard, I use the term "music" loosely because they dont create music. They create memory archives. Understanding it requires living. It requires a listening pattern. Dazzling in wonder before the immense splendour of the world in front of your eyes-

It has been merely 7 months since they released one of the most beautiful and inspiring debuts I've ever heard: Yha Hamaraa, (out on the finnish fonal label) and now they're back with a new Ep which is completely free and available through archive.org. Of course, Tuote-akatemia/Unien Savonlinna isn't as impressive as Yha Hamaraa but it's more good music from a group I admire and I for one am glad they've released new material so soon and completely free. Plus, it makes the wait until the next full-length a little easier to bear.

Paavoharju - pepe
Paavoharju - tavataan 12-7-2004

*Songs from Yha Hamaraa:
Paavoharju - Valo Tikhu Kaiken Lapi
Paavoharju - Kuu lohduta huolestuneita

Download the entire ep for free in here.
visit Paavoharju web
visit Miasmah web
*Update.

12 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM, March 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    moka, beautiful music, love it!

    merz

     
  • At 9:50 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    One of the blog I am posting has always been nut for psych-folks. It's prety amazing when done right I must say. It takes me awhile to get into it. but once in...it has certain strange beauty in it.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, March 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't explain with exact words how much I love this band. I'm so glad to find another fan. Yha Hamaraa was my favorite release from last year, and you're right. Their music requires living to be fully understood.

    Thank you for spreading the word on them.

     
  • At 7:16 AM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    I've only heard the stuff you've posted so far but I'm thinking I should get their first album. I had a friend in high school who was from Finland. His personality was like this music, it was like meeting someone from another world. He used to borrow my copy of the first Velvet Underground and totally bliss out to it. He thought it was the craziest stuff he'd ever heard. I was inspired to order this disc I used listen to by the Finnish composer Rautavaara. It's a recording of his Cantus Arcticus,(Concerto for Birds and Orchestra). Hopefully I'll be able to post it next week.

     
  • At 7:38 AM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Mone said…

    Cool music again, I'm glad I found your side and got you tagged rigth away :)

     
  • At 4:16 PM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Moka. should drop em an email. ask them for a short interview. A long shot I know.. but who knows.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    An interview... sounds interesting. I'm doing it, I'll write them. :)

    mkrgk: the links to yha hamaraa are still working (im not hosting them :P) check out the two tracks I posted back then and see if you like it:
    http://mookamotel.blogspot.com/2005/11/motel-de-mokas-top-5-albums-of-2005_28.html
    It's kind of hard and it takes a while to get used to it... you know I'm editing this post and adding tracks from yha hamaraa.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, March 30, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    Cool, got em! Thanks. Really cool tracks. As a recommender of Alex Chilton I thought I'd better mention this http://www.ezarchive.com/riotinmyskull/AlbumSpace/34HXWMEDXW/big_star-im_in_love_with_a_girl.mp3 That Chilton gets his ideas for melodies from other dimensions I reckon. Oh, and here is the dead pirate film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308595/ I haven't ever seen it, would be fun!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, March 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm gonna see Paavoharju twice on beautiful locations. On 14 may they're playing in a theater and on 15 may in a church! I'll be there! I'm so excited!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, March 30, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    Thanks for the links mkrgk, a movie about Napoleon Bonaparte, nice!, unfortunately I can't give you the link to the pirate film I was in... but my part on it was just a 5 min scene anyway...

    Freakystyle: You lucky dog. A concert in a church sounds like the most apt place to listen to them. Be kind and tell me how it went :)

     
  • At 1:59 AM, March 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hehehey! We love you all too <3. News for you only: Paavoharju will release a 7'' with 2 new songs under Type records quite soon. Funtasmicx! t: Paavoharju-suomi-tuote-dreamtroopers

     
  • At 4:42 PM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    This ought to be good.

    I am looking forward to paafoharju's new singles and of course Matmos and Jolie Holland albums. whew, 2006 will be the IDM meets accoustic/folks year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home