6.6.06

All tomorrow's parties

It was one of those last nights of spring. Birds spilled out their warbling canticles, and humans, having answered their various calls of duty, were bathing in the sanctity of fatigue. Everything was working out its destiny: trees, planets, sharks. All except the Creator! He was stretched out on the highway, his clothing thorn. His lower lip hung down like a soporific cable. His teeth were unbrushed, and dust clogged the white waves of his hair. Numbed by a torpid drowsiness, crushed against the peebles, his body was making futile efforts to get up again. Gouts of wine swamped the ruts trenched by his shoulders' nervous twitches... He was drunk! Dreadfully drunk! Tight as a tick which has guzzled three tuns of blood in the night! He filled the echoes with garbled comments I will desist from repeating here; even if the Supreme Drunkard has no self-respect, I must respect mankind. You'll see, not only was the Supreme Creator, drunk, he just came from an ecstasy-fuelled rave party out of some european city where it felt like clubs and bedrooms were trying to approach the savage hedonism of a third (or is it fourth?) summer of love. The Mind overstimulated to its very core retreats like one defeated, and every once in a lifetime may well fall into the aberrations I have witnessed. It pains me to say it but this is not, nor will it be the last time we observe the Creator ensign of vice, as less than two centuries ago (around 1869) , my dear Maldoror had witnessed something utterly similar to the events described above, but where he followed, I silently stared (and danced).

Gabriel Ananda - ihre personliche glucksmelodie
John Tejada - the end of it all
Rekid - retro active
Shyza Minelli - shyza all night long
Aphex Twin - windowlicker (acid edit)
Adam Sky - ape x
Thomas Bangalter - outrun
Patrick Chardronett - eve by day
Paul Kalkbrenner - dockyard

Image: record sleeves by Sputtnik

8 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    fuck, my mistake... hitted the publish button... sorry, two more tracks coming up as soon as the ezarchive allows me to.

     
  • At 3:20 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    Cool Moka.

    I could never finish that Maldoror book.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    Maldoror... I read it two or three years ago way before we all started becoming eclectic people ;) (no wait it was almost 4 years ago) we all have this dark epoch while growing up and I had this great fixation with anything "nurse with wound" and surrealism (my father has always loved Salvador Dali's work so this is an interest I've had since I have memory) so I tried to get anything on the nww list (http://tgk.konshak.org/nww/tgksnwwlist.html, btw, these are all extremely difficult to get, in fact to date I still haven't completed it), I believe Stapleton was the one that once said Maldoror has been a huge influence on the band's sound (there's a french version of ducase's writings on the brainwashed site: http://www.brainwashed.com/nww/) so I went on to eat it completely. ah yes, Octavio Paz also praised it alot back then. Nowadays I wouldn't read it completely even if I tried but it's a great book.

    Carl: I plan on continuing a series of dance posts, will you follow me :)?

     
  • At 6:02 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    What's nurse with wound? *raises eyebrow*

    you know, there should be a giant post on surrealism to answer all the screw up things that happens in the world. That'll be an interesting project.

    hmmm....

     
  • At 6:12 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    mmm... nurse with wound is a musical outfit formed in the late 70's that have always focused on making "surrealistic music"(http://www.madsci.org/~lynn/juju/surr/music/music.html) and they have around 30 LP's released so far (only 5 or 6 are essential though (at least in my humble opinion)). mmm I'd suggest you to visit loki's "an idiot's guide to dreaming" blog (it's on the blogroll) he keeps throwing loads of love to the outfit and similar sounding bands... yet it's a difficult sound, nowadays I have to be in a strict kind of mood to listen to them :P

     
  • At 7:44 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    hmm, strick mood.

    okay.

    1. I have to actually try making a shoegazer/near shoegazer playlist.

    2. I hate blogger.com. It ate my post twice today. So no summer playlist No.7 till tomorrow.

    3. I have to active comment moderation. Apparently blogger.com is under massive spam attack of some sort. I say ugly spam this morning. (financial invesment of some sort)

     
  • At 7:47 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    okay here is a question:

    shoegazer - dream-pop - drone/noise - surrealism

    How do they fit together, can it be made into a playlist that is listenable and also saying something.

    oh and I have a new mp3 player. I haven't decide to keep it or not. sounds OK. but the control buttons are very annoying.

     
  • At 4:47 AM, June 08, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    http://tgk.konshak.org/nww/tgksnwwlist.html

    That's quite a list, really interesting stuff. Cool that they list AMM, I saw them live once. They were very good. The music kept putting me to sleep, but that was cos it was so hypnotic. At the same concert Thurston Moore performed with Eye from the Bordoms, and Tony Conrad was taking the tickets at the door. Poor Tony.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home