15.12.05

Motel de Moka's Top 21 songs of 2005

I don't like to do rankings but most of you people seem to like this sort of things, so if it makes you happy here you have it, the songs from 2005 (some from late 2004) I enjoyed the most. I'll be gone this weekend, tomorrow Muzzle of bees will be posting my interview with him if you'd like to take a look. And if you love or hate my selections please comment. I guess that's all... probably I'll see you on Sunday, have a nice weekend.



21. Doves - black & white town
from some cities

20. The Safety Scissors - where is germany and how do I get there?
from Tainted Lunch

19. Depeche Mode - precious
from playing the angel

18. Broken Social Scene - bandwitch (save as/rename as mp3)
from Broken Social Scene

17. Gorillaz - el manana
from demon days

16. Chin Chin - shallow dive
from Shallow dive

15. Cat Power - the greatest
from The Greatest



14. Okkervil River - for real
from Black Sheep Boy

13. Tunng - tale from black
from this is...

12. Husky Rescue - summertime cowboy
from Country Falls

11. Feist - mushaboom
from let it die

10. Isolee - schrapnell
from wearemonster

9. Iron & Wine - the trapeze swinger
from In good company OST

8. Sigur Ros - gong
from Takk



7. Patrick Wolf - the libertine
from wind in the wires

6. Thee More Shallows - ave grave
from More Deep Cuts

5. Animal Collective - grass
from Feels

4. Burnt Friedman and Jaki Liebezei - the librarian
from Out in the sticks

3. The Books - it never changes to stop
from Safe and Lost

2. Sufjan Stevens - casimir Pulaski day
from Illinoise

1. Andrew Bird - fake palindromes
from the mysterious production of eggs

The three images were created by artist Marc Chagall.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:36 AM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Knut said…

    Nice list! Several of my own favourites here.
    The song "Librarian" is really good. Just wanted to tell you that the song also is on the new album "snow borne sorrow" by Sylvian, Burnt Friedman and Steve Jansen (they call themselves Nine Horses on this project, - DS sings on almost all the tracks). You probably knew about it, but it's a great album and now maybe some other people read this and know about it too.

    I also like that you remembered Tunng on your list! They made a wonderful album that did not get the attention I felt it deserved.

    Your blog has become one of my favourites, and I love what you have done visually and what you decide yo write about, - it is all beautiful!

     
  • At 3:46 AM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Knut said…

    Sounds like it is a slightly different version of the librarian though, especially the drums are different, and the nine horses version is a tiiiny bit longer (10 sec's ;-) )

     
  • At 2:28 PM, December 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with knut, your blog has some rich earthy tones I cant' help but love and the visual and otic selections are over the top. Great Taste, great blog!
    Keep it up.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Eric said…

    Great list. Never fail to impress as always. I just posted my top of 05 list. You should check it out.

     
  • At 8:48 AM, December 18, 2005, Blogger joan said…

    this is nice.. thankz, and ill come again

     
  • At 11:13 AM, December 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for your comments, you're making me shy. I really appreciate them-

     
  • At 6:16 PM, December 18, 2005, Blogger * said…

    Nicely done, I forgot a lot of these on my own

     
  • At 1:20 PM, December 19, 2005, Blogger Jim Hendry said…

    Moka, great spot @ Muzzle of Bees. I'm digging this list (and all others), and thinking about making my own list of sorts is making my head hurt. Regardless, check over later this week for news about us and some Top 20 lists. In the meantime, keep 'em coming.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, December 22, 2005, Blogger Silent K said…

    Oh wow, Husky Rescue? I'm impressed.

     
  • At 6:14 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger eduardo said…

    the book's album: lost and safe, not safe and lost.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home