3.3.06

Functional Limit of Electric Guitar Speed

Short note. Amid all the hoopla about the new British band 'Arctic Monkeys', one thing I have to argue, despite its bright texture, Arctic Monkey is nowhere near the limit of virtuosity. Established player like Nels Cline, Henry Threadgill, or Steve Albini from Shellac are still producing more complex sound by several order of magnitudes.

The Nels Cline Singers - Cause For Concern

Henry Threadgill and Make a Move - Don't Turn Around

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

Shellac - Watch Song

image : lyrical

4 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM, March 04, 2006, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said…

    I stumbled across your site via Blogger's "Blogs of Note".

    By the way, what a beautiful photo! *sigh* I miss the beach ... will summer ever return?

     
  • At 10:48 AM, March 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yes, the arctic monkeys are really overhyped, they're really boring... aside from a few songs (this one and a certain romance) I don't understand what's so great about them, the fact that everybody else think they are the shit is pretty damn typical.

    The songs are great, nels cline singers reminded me of konono no 1 but with guitars.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, March 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I once saw Henry Threadgill live and let me tell you the guy kicks on stage, Thanks for spreading the word about him.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, March 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I once saw Henry Threadgill live and let me tell you the guy kicks on stage, Thanks for spreading the word about him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home