20.4.06

Rockabilly

01 jackie lee cochran_mama don't you think i know
02 nat couty_woodpecker rock
03 fat daddy holmes_chicken rock
04 glen honeycut_rock all night
05 johnny burnette_rockabilly boogie
06 willie ward_i'm a madman
07 glen glenn_blue jeans and a boy's shirt
08 polk brothers_caravan rock
09 rick cartey_scratchin on my screen
10 johnny cash_wide open road
11 the jiants_tornado
12 wayne walker_all i can do is cry

This is actually Carl Kruger's post but he fell out of mood for posting it and the draft has been floating around for a month or so in our files. I heard the entire post a week ago and felt it was too good to be left unpublished- All credit goes whatsoever to Carl Kruger and if he wants me to take the post down I'll do it right away. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Image credit: Kathleen Lolley.

9 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    One has to say that that is a rather impressive list(claps politely). I like the picture too. That skate mix tape was really (most) excellent too. I was going to suggest Slayer for that one. Anything from Reign In Blood.

     
  • At 5:17 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    "carlkruger said...
    in general i'm not certain how familar people are with this most pure form of very early rock,"

    Carl, I don't think you have to worry about that. You can't beat Cris and Oum on early recording music no matter how hard you try.
    :D

    and carl,

    do you know we have a forum now?

    http://freeponytheory.free-forums.org/

     
  • At 5:39 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    Phew, I thought you were going to get angry at me for posting it :) Do you fancy the picture I chose or would you like me to change it?

    Is it just me or are we having some sort of trouble with our post editor? Apparently this post wasn't saved in there and I can't edit it or view it.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    oh no wait, problem fixed :P

     
  • At 9:05 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey.

    we should have a challange between Carl vs Cris&Oum.

    It'll be a fun post!

    maybe one or two track from each persons. I could even learn a thing or two about music history.

    email Chris and Oum maybe?

     
  • At 11:41 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    I can help set up the rule... *evil grin*

    Each has to explain why the song He/she select is "rock".

    The oldest recording wins.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    Hey, ALOT. It's a trend.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i like this post alot too!

    challenge post! ack! me and crishh are very non-competitive people, especially with music! I like the idea of a collab post instead or i like the idea of carl just keeping on with the style of his last 2 posts!

     
  • At 1:53 PM, April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that was me say that
    0um

     

Post a Comment

<< Home