18.7.06

To the sea let me follow

Once again I'm off to vacation, this time to a somewhat lonesome but beautiful beach called Manzanillo that's 5 hours from our city. We're all half-broke and we'll try to survive the week with 60 dollars each one. Considering that half of our money will end up wasted on beers, tequila or gin, we might have to get used to survive on a straight diet of maruchans and tuna cans. Wish us luck.

I'll try to sneak some surf guitar and tender electronica in our stereo every now and then because I've found reggaeton gives me the strongest headaches, and it also scares the elderly people from the pool.

Blue Hawaiians - martini 5-0
Gabor Szabo - summertime
Ape - the endless summer
Jimmy Luttrell - egyptian surf queen
Electronicat - wop do wop
Lost Acapulco - aqua vulva
Blue Hawaiians - quiet surf

Quick announcements:

Just before I leave I'd like you to check on feedmegoodtunes in a few days as I did a guest post in there about Lindstrom & Prins Thomas that might get published at the end of the week, as you may noticed I've been having an unhealthy obsession over them in the past weeks. I haven't mailed makrugaik yet but maybe we'll get to make an interview with Lindstrom in a few weeks, we'll keep you informed about this. Ah, and for those expecting a Mike Patton interview, I'm sorry... apparently he's not very supportive of the file sharing thingy and refused to participate. I'll keep harrasing him, don't worry.

I'd also like you to visit 1friend's mp3 blog, cult2vader, it's a pretty interesting and weird site, if I had the time and the code knowledge I'd love to have something like this, only weirder. Hear that Doug? I envy your site.

Also via one of gabba's users I found about this one man project called Old Erie which left me honestly impressed, the vocals sound like a more apathetic version of Xiu Xiu and the music could be that of a a rural version of fennesz... probably just the lo-fi recording, nevertheless it's very beautiful and delicate release called "King Crow" and it's completely free to download. I'm posting a song for your listening pleasure. If you like what you're hearing go and download the album as it's one of the best net releases I've heard so far this year. Remember, if you have the method of doing so, please leave a donation. Au revoir.

Old Erie - tape is from germany

Photograph: Taylor Mckimens.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:09 PM, July 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    me pregunto si es verdad que hay una predisposición para escuchar música según la estación del año


    qué bueno playa, sol, mar…
    todavía falta


    lástima lo de patton

     
  • At 8:53 PM, July 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    buenas canciones, relajantes
    om,.. no te estoy acosando ni nada solo me parece curioso que mañana salgo a manzanillo, a las hadas.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, July 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the surf picks! thank you! and more if you can!

     
  • At 11:29 PM, July 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for shoutin' out my site moka!!!
    Im stoked you like it..
    I still think you should post on gabba at least once a year or so!

    -doug

     
  • At 8:33 AM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Filipa said…

    have a great holidays, guys, you deserve it, since you've been making our life so much nicer all year long!!!
    Que lo paseis muy bien en Manzanillo!!!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    I emailed that Lindstrom but he still hasn't gotten back to me. Have fun at the beach, Wish I Was There!

     
  • At 3:02 PM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi there
    greetings from Serbia.

    thanx for good song John I`m Only Dancing by THE POLECATS !

    great song, was it from 1981?

     
  • At 4:56 AM, July 21, 2006, Blogger Kahlo said…

    Bua Moka, me encanta este post :D sobretodo la canción de Lost Acapulco :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home