13.7.06

Pastoral waves

Last night I stayed up late while working on a graphic project that needs to get done by the end of the week. It's going pretty well so far... on the other side, I haven't been very careful with my relationships or my physical health lately. Am I becoming an alcoholic? For the past three nights I've been drawing, painting and drinking red wine. I also recall that last night around 3 am I started bitting my fingernails. My dreams run like machines. I got up, half naked, so I could get close to the glasses, the ashtrays, the broken music and the nefarious remains of a party I still don't remember.

I then saw the ascending of the waters.

Moondog - pastoral
(pastoral suite, 1953)
Music A.M. - NY 75
(Unwound from the woods, 2006)
Milosh - Instrumental
(Meme, 2006)
Caribou - medium sized working dog (steady steady)
(tour ep, 2005)
Hu Vibrational - friends & gardens (corker conboy mix)
(microsolutions #1, 2005)
Arthur Russel - instrumentals vol 1-1
(first thought best thoughts, 2006)
Maxence Cyrin - unfinished sympathy
(urban serenades, 2005)

I'd like to wave friend makrugaik from where I'm standing with the Maxence Cyrin piano renditon of massive attack's "unfinished sympathy" as I know it's one of his favorite songs from all time.

Gute Nacht.

Image: Alex Noriega via Undomondo.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, July 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hola moka, tengo una pregunta. Prefieres canciones vocales o canciones sin letras?

     
  • At 10:17 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    casi siempre le doy mas preferencia a las canciones instrumentales pues desde la infancia mis padres ponian mucho musica clasica pero tambien tengo mucha flaqueza por el elemento humano de la voz.
    Cuando se usa voz rara vez presto atencion a la letra (cuando la letra no es espejismo de otras tantas canciones pongo atencion) entonces me gusta mas que la voz este usada indefinidamente, como si solo fuera otro instrumento. Pero la verdad no tengo ninguna preferencia marcada por alguna u otra, el que todas las canciones de este post sean instrumentales fue plena coincidencia.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, July 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    una agradable coincidencia

     
  • At 11:13 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Seidrik said…

    La nuit, tout est différent...

     
  • At 9:05 AM, July 14, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    Thanks for the song, I still love it so much. Aye, and Moondog.

    Sometimes you've got to lose your mind to find it. Just don't lose it too much, maybe leave a trail of breadcrumbs.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, July 14, 2006, Blogger fascistsoundwaves said…

    This is a great mix....and it feels like floating down a river looking up at crisscrossing tree branches.

    Ever as makrugaik says though, too.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, July 15, 2006, Blogger maria said…

    Loved the Maxence Cyrin cover! It's absolutly fantastic!
    Maria

     
  • At 6:42 PM, July 15, 2006, Blogger fascistsoundwaves said…

    Come to think of it, maybe you'd all appreciate this:

    http://www.archive.org/details/LostChildren007

     

Post a Comment

<< Home