17.11.05

Okkervil River - black sheep boy

Don't believe the hype, Okkervil River are fairly good. That's all. I must confess: "For real" is one of the catchiest tracks I've heard this year, but I'm not sure if I'd place "black sheep boy" as one of my best 10 releases of 2005, let's wait and count how many music bloggers and alikes will pick it for their top 10. Uhum...anyways I was looking for the lyrics to "for real" around the web and it seems noone has transcribed them yet, so here you have them, they're probably wrong and incomplete so if you'd like to make a correction feel free to comment. Oh yes, I'm actually giving the temporary link to the whole album as an open dir, so catch it fast before someone sues me:

Okkervil River - for real
Some nights I thirst for real blood
for real knives, for real cries
And then the flash of steel from real guns
in real life really fills my mind
Then I really miss what really did exist
when I held your throat so tight
And I missed the bus, oh,
that swerved from us
and came crashing to its side.
Tonight's the blood from real cuts
feels real nice
when it's really mine
And if you want it to be real
Come over for one night
and we can really really climb
Those bluebridge lights
might really burn most bright
while we watch that dark lake rise
and if you really want to see
what really matters most to me
just take a real short drive.
It's just a drive into the dark stretch
long stretch of night
really stretch this shaking mind
And this room unlit, unheated
and the ceiling striped
and the dark black blinds
I want to know this time
If you're really finally mine
I need to know that you're not lying
so I want to see you tried
And I don't want to hear you say
it shouldn't really be this way
cause I like this way just fine
Cause there's nothing quite like
the blinding light when that curtain’s cast aside
and no attempt has been made
to explain the way
things really really really really really
are behind
You Can't Hide
You Can't Hide

Okkervil River - for real
Black Sheep Boy (Open Dir)

Another Announcement:
Last night an mp3 saved my wife have left the blog world. Along with the lovely Uncommon Folk, this is another mp3 blog that I catched a little late in it's lifespan but I quickly learned to love. Too sad, so sad they left us. Godspeed to the trio of bloggers involved in this project and sincere thanks from the motel. Regards.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:20 PM, November 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some nights I thirst for real blood, for real knives, for real cries. / And then the flash of steel from real guns in real life really fills my mind. / Then I really miss what really did exist when I held your throat so tight / And I missed the bus, oh, that swerved from us and came crashing to its side.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, November 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank u, I'm correcting the mistakes right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home