31.1.06

Rock the casbah

More retro tracks for your collection with a quick yet very informative description:
The Clash were, are and will remain england's and probably the whole world's best punk act.
I love James Brown's and Billy Garner's shouts.
A certain ratio were an alternative funkpunk band that eventually became very mainstream to my likes.
Cymande and electric indian were underground funk bands that got quickly dismembered but have achieved a legend like status in the past decades.
Well then, I guess this is a pretty good introduction to this type of music... hope you enjoy this short disco/funk selections from my collection:

The Clash - mustapha dance
Cymande - fug
Electric Indian - I heard it through the grapevine
A certain ratio - do the du
Billy Garner - brand new girl
James Brown - the Boss

The image with the funky circles had no credit at all... if you created this image, tell me so I'll credit your work. Otherwise I'll lie and tell everyone I drew this one.

10 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, January 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good ones Moka, that cymande record is one of the best funk albums I own.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    Cool, Clash excursion on the Version. I love it when there's an excursion. Rest of tracks totally leet. Check out Keb Darge's Soul Spectrum and Legendary Deep Funk series-ez. Nice picture you drew!
    Hey Joe, how's heaven?

     
  • At 3:45 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Been a follower for a time now but never commented on how great this blog is!
    I love the colors, I love the art scheme, I love it's bilingual, I love the different types of people posting in here and I love the true eclecticness of the blog!
    Keep it up!

     
  • At 7:46 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like James brown. Papa got brand new bag. yeah..

     
  • At 9:21 AM, February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heaven is ok... we have fast net connection up here.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    How's Lester Bang's doin'?

     
  • At 3:44 PM, February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh no, didn't want to be the one to tell you this but Bangs went straight to hell.
    He hasn't written anything since then...

     
  • At 3:52 PM, February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Baihre thanks for the comment!

    I just couldn't start a tiny funk comp without james brown

    Glad you like the funk strummer, big fan of your work.

    Hey makrugaik I don't know about the quality of my funky circles' painting, it just took me a few minutes to draw it for the post... I think I'll start uploading some of my most detailed paintings next. I'll check the albums you recommended me up here

     
  • At 4:34 PM, February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    maybe it's ricki mountain
    http://www.allaboutjazz.com/jazzposters/c2/1822~sacredcenotes~10128223.html

     
  • At 10:52 AM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Eric said…

    Great tracks. The Clash are the best band ever. Ever!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home