5.3.06

Yoga mix

A friend asked me a week ago if I could make her a playlist with music to use at her yoga practices. Being a person that has not developed or cared at all about this certain connection with my inner-self I admit I had some hard work thinking about the songs in my collection that could serve to this means.
Anyhow, I spent some time in the morning searching through my collection and I came up with a 15 song compilation for her. Hence the playlist is already done and I'm not that busy right now, I might as well share a few songs from the mix with you:

Vashti Bunyan - here before
Slowdive - blue skied n' clear
Animal Collective - loch raven
Donna de Lory - Ganapati Om
Snatam Kaur Khalsa - Ong Namo
Amorphous Androgynous - meadows

Help: Do any of you have the song "la llorona" as performed by Latin 6/8? I've been looking for it everywhere to include it on the playlist but I can't find it. I think the song was originally published on a new age-ish compilation called "world dance".
Photograph credit: La cinquieme chambre d' amou by Bernard Faucon.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, March 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its OFFICIAL

    I AM HOOK ON YOUR BLOG

    need my daily mooka fix

    its the best site ever, thanks people, thank ya

     
  • At 2:38 PM, March 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The best cd I have for making yoga is gustav mahler's 5th symphony.
    Thanks for this songs I'll use them on my next yoga session.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, March 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well I don't do any yoga or things like that but this tiny mix has just blissed my sunday.
    Thanks

     
  • At 9:01 PM, March 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This lists makes me want to lay back and zip a glass of cold lemonade under the late sping afternoon sun. And do absolutely nothing.

    is it so wrong.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    Squashed: I dont think that's wrong... I mean the only songs which are really supposed to be for yoga are "ganapati om" and "ong namo"... the other songs are plain relaxing songs, which I think fit for yoga practice, but I've only done yoga once in my lifetime so I wouldn't know...

    Capiroll: Tell me if they worked for you :)

    Thanks for the love marsjack :)

     
  • At 12:07 PM, March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very good mix ! I hear a lot of music from your blog, and it's really cool

    A french music man

     
  • At 4:42 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger Eric said…

    Defintely a pretty chill mix of tunes. Great as always.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home