17.11.05

Electronic Software

Software and hardware have made it possible for just about anyone with enough time on their hands to create interesting electronical pieces. Here's some links to create electronic music by yourself. I haven't checked them indepth yet so I'm not sure how useful they really are. If any of our visitors knows about any other program that might serve this cause please comment. Maybe I'll upload some experiments of my own soon (as soon as I feel they deserve to see the light).

Audiomulch - It's freeware. As a plus, Kieran Hebden (aka Four Tet) uses it a lot.
Ableton live - This one is quite useful to create loops/effects.
Fruityloops - I think everyone knows this one already, you can use it to create drum patterns or melodies.

Olivier Alary from Ensemble recommends yet other 3 programs. He's the one who produced "desired constellation" from Bjork's Medulla. As you might expect this ones are used to create that minimalistic/fuzzy type of electronica.

MAX/MSP: http://www.cycling74.com/
SOUNDHACK: http://www.soundhack.com/
SUPERCOLLIDER www.audiosynth.com/index.html

I think I'll go ask Fernando Corona next and expect him not to answer me...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey there. first visit to your site. i was sent a link.

    i've been thinking about picking up ableton so your link was of interest to me. doesn't seem to be working though. also, i'm unsure what it's supposed to be - a link to the ableton live official site or a bootleg of the program...?

    as far as insights:

    fruityloops is generally a terrible piece of software that i've used before. have fun. not my thing though.

    never heard of audiomulch, but i'm very interested to have a look since i'm a serious hebden enthusiast.

    if you're going to get into uploading software for the future (and i understand your post correctly) my suggestions would include:

    sonar 5.0 -i use it. it works out well for me

    logic - for the mac folks

    soundforge or cool edit pro - industry standard programs for the finer bits of messing with audio. i prefer soundforge

    acid - very fun not to mention useful loop based audio program. a lot of serious computer musicians won't tell you this, but they use this programs to put together the pieces of a song sometimes

    and finally, if either you're not posting bootlegged software here and i've misunderstood, or you simply won't be able to get ahold of my suggestions, here's the best freeware i know of:

    audacity - multtrack recording comparable to protools, sonar, logic, etc. but free

     
  • At 10:30 AM, November 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank u very much for your suggestions. I'll check them out soon. Oh by the way, it appears Audiomulch is no longer freeware but I haven't checked it recently. The link to ableton must be right and if you need the access code mail me and I'll send it to you ;).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home