7.1.06

Beatlemania

I wonder how many millions of gallons of ink and webspace have been used to write about these four bad looking, extremely talented guys from Liverpool... these goes to the beatlemaniacs (who probably have this ones already): 9 Beatles covers I found while indagating through my mp3s... Sorry for posting two covers by Caetano Veloso, it's just that I love the bossa take from one of the greatest on two of my favorite beatles songs. I'm hoping you'll forgive me after listening to them.

If this post gets to attract any seriously obsessed Beatlemaniac, please please please, could you give me some information on a certain illustrator that calls himself Patrick? (A very generic press name for any artist...). He drew this lovely cover for The Beatles and I'm having a hard time finding any more info on him. Here's a tiny story that involves his original participation on the white album art.
Enjoy.

Fats Domino - lovely rita
Caetano Veloso - lady madonna
The Subways - you've got to hide you love away
Sarah Mclachlan - blackbird
Caetano Veloso - for noone
Earth, Wind and Fire - got to get you into my life
Siouxsie and the banshees - dear prudence
Nina Simone - here comes the sun
Ted Leo - I'm looking through you

Viva Harrison.

13 Comments:

  • At 6:04 PM, January 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good! Lovely Rita is one of my favorite all time songs... wish i could help you with that patrick search...

     
  • At 8:54 PM, January 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Un aplauso por la valiente inclusion de Caetano Veloso.

     
  • At 10:15 PM, January 07, 2006, Blogger like a eagle said…

    killer!
    thnx for the caetano :)

     
  • At 11:19 PM, January 07, 2006, Blogger Satisfied '75 said…

    great post..a bunch of these covers are brand new to me!

     
  • At 12:51 AM, January 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wouldn't consider myself obsessed, maybe i used to be though, when I was a little kid. I still know too much about them though, lol.

    I can try and find out about that artist if you like.. that album cover reminded me very strongly of the stealer's wheel album Stuck in the Middle with you, I own it but it's kinda in the other room, lol, I'll look at it more closely in the morning..

    I can only seem to find the same article reprinted time and time again, and it undortunately didn't really give any other way to cross refernce the artist.. darn, that's frustrating.

    I'll let you know if i find anything.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, January 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice on the caetano veloso, hadn't heard those. returning the favor, i reposted the THREE BEST ACCAPPELLA BEATLES COVERS IN THE WORLD here:

    http://www.comfortradio.org/comfortmusic/archives/2004/09/i_want_you_so_b_1.html

    that is all.
    -scotto

     
  • At 2:16 PM, January 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the help laura, I really appreciate it :) Yes, that same article keeps showing up everywhere.

    Scotto, thanks for the link, I'm checking it right now.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Denis said…

    Pôxa, seu blog é muito legal, parabéns. Beatles Forever! E nosso "Caetano" tem o dom de fazer umas covers de arrepiar, gosto muito de "Help" (cd "Jóia" 75).
    Feliz 2006!!!

     
  • At 4:17 AM, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Patrick was/is a Glasgow (Paisley?) artist and playwright. His real name was John Byrne. He did a lot of artwork for albums by Gerry Rafferty/Steelers Wheel/Humblebums. At one time in Glasgow there wasa series of large-scale gable end paintings commissioned by the council. He produced the best of these.

     
  • At 6:33 PM, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Denis, I don't undersand portuguese but thanks for the comment.

    Anonymous user, thank u very much for the information!!!
    Thank u!

     
  • At 5:35 AM, January 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what's with the "viva harrison" link. are you a hazza fan too?

     
  • At 1:24 PM, January 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well' harrison is my favorite Beatle so I felt the need to link to a page dedicated to him.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, February 10, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This has helped me too. My dad sadly passed away a few years back but left me a gigantic print of this image which i've never seen anywhere else before.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home