10.3.06

no one's gonna take you away.. [songs for the dead]

antony - i fell in love with a dead boy
[version for the wild side ost, by jocelyn pook]

I fell in love with you
Now you're my one, only
'Cause all my life I've been so blue
But in that moment you fulfilled me

Now I'll tell all my friends
I fell in love with a dead boy
Now I'll tell my family
I wish you could have met him

Now I write letters to Australia
Now I throw bottles out to sea
I whisper the secret in the ground
No one's gonna take you away from me


+plus some songs for the dead:

bjork - play dead
drive-by truckers - the day john henry died
okkervil river - dead dog song
the coma lilies - dead friends
the pixies - dead
zoe - dead [bengalamix]
calla - play dead
coheed and cambria - once upon your dead body
patti smith - dead city


+issa watched the rain; it settled in. and disappeared for days again.
[post inspirado /000]

3 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM, March 10, 2006, Blogger brainvoid said…

    "play dead" es la mejor canción que existe
    y quien crea o diga lo contrario
    está mal

     
  • At 4:50 PM, March 10, 2006, Blogger serafinafly said…

    these are great...i love the thematic mixes...if you like those dark morbid mixes, check out my "graveyard shift" podcast here:

    http://bunchofbettys.blogspot.com/2005/10/bunch-of-bettys-podcast-7-bettys.html

    (all music by women with the death theme) thanks for the great post!

     
  • At 4:25 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Scott Sileo musician said…

    Loved the Bjork and Coheed and Cambria.
    Thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home