12.9.06

Lapping It Up with the War Junkies

It was just a secret gathering of the power elite.
- Jam Nation


Out of me unworthy and unknown
The vibrations of deathless music;
"With malice toward none, with charity for all."
Out of me the forgiveness of millions toward millions,
And the beneficent face of a nation
Shining with justice and truth.
I am Anne Rutledge who sleep beneath these weeds,
Beloved in life of Abraham Lincoln,
Wedded to him, not through union,
But through separation.
Bloom forever, O Republic,
From the dust of my bosom!
-Edgar Lee Masters , Anne Rutledge



"Prehistoric Pubescent Grand Prix"

08. Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Ain't No Sunshine
09. Jam Nation - Prehistoric Pubescent Grand Prix
10. Massive Attack - Better Things
11. Enigma - Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi!
12. Enigma - Morphing Thru Time
13. Verti-Marte - Twilight Singer


Note: A two part list from last week. This comes with several deep night downtempo tracks I love. Jam Nation, Verti-Marte and Rahsaan Roland Kirk. I hope you enjoy this, I really like it. See also : Age of Consent at music is art. [correction: Twilight Singer is the artist. Verti-Marte song title. thanks Jonny.]

image credit : serena

7 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    enigma!? wow... brings back the good memories, I completely forgot about them.

    Verti-marte is disturbingly delightful for such a weird musical vision, where does this come from? (did she just said goodbye motherfucker?)

     
  • At 7:46 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    I don't find an obvious connection between the two lists but they're both wonderful.

    5 music blogs and running (makes me think what you might do with a higher connection), you should get a blogger of the year prize of some sort.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    my verification word: uglyfea (uglyugly)

    fea=ugly in spanish

    blogger has something against me today.

     
  • At 8:00 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Moka said...
    I don't find an obvious connection between the two lists "

    one is daytime list,
    the other is nightlist. sort of a pair.

    admitedly more functional than thightly thematic. I want something I can listen on my player without getting annoyed.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A slight correction for those who liked the last song...
    The track is Verti-Marte and the band is Twilight Singers - Greg Dulli's (Afghan Whigs) side project which started up in 1997.
    Enjoy.
    ~Jonny

     
  • At 4:31 AM, September 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smooth and relaxing list, i like it :)

     
  • At 11:57 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    ~Jonny

    thanks for the update. (I have to tag a note on the post, but I am too lazy to fix everything properly)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home