13.1.06

Coffeeshop

Classes started this week. My god, I'm studying marketing and yet, I feel so tired... what a shameful person I've become... I need to start jogging or doing some physical activities.
This is post number 100th (I'm woohooing behind the screen). Didn't thought we were going to make it this far, I'm deeply grateful. Thank you.

There's two new members at the blog: Squashed, whom you've already met and who sometimes writes for this blog. And Gil, a friend from Sonora who hasn't posted yet but he's very supportive of the mexican indie scene and I like that. He'll be probably writing in spanish... and well, he hasn't told me that much of the material he'll be posting around here but thrust me, he has a fine ear, and sometimes, he makes music so I guess he's as obsessed about good tunes as anyone around here.

I'm off to the coffeeshop, see you tomorrow. If your gypsy heart is on fire I think you'll enjoy the next selections:

Lhasa de sela - la celestina
Devotchka - such a lovely thing
Devendra Banhart - luna de margarita
Paul Duncan - you look like an animal
Laura Veirs - fire snakes
Jolie Holland - sascha
Bia - coeur vagabond
Coralie Clement - samba de mon coeur qui bat

Image by Robert Boynes.

10 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, January 13, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    Yay! A track from hometapes. I was asking Eagle about posting something from his label on his post. As far as exercise, walk everywhere, that's what I do. Then you can tell people you're opposed to the use of petroleum like Mark Wahlberg's character in I Heart Huckabees!

     
  • At 3:04 PM, January 13, 2006, Blogger Chris said…

    great choice from paul duncan! love that song, and love the whole hometapes crew. such nice people.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, January 13, 2006, Blogger Chris said…

    oh, and that coralie clement mp3 isn't working...anyway you could fix the link? thanks.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, January 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually, right now some of the links seem to be broken, it seems to me is ezarchive's fault. Try clicking in a few hours...

     
  • At 3:34 PM, January 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok... it seems its working right now... tell me if you have any more problems, aight?

     
  • At 5:29 PM, January 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Luuuuuna de margaritaaa. What a great song.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, January 13, 2006, Blogger brian said…

    laura veirs is awesome

    devendra is awesome

    this is awesome, thanks

    -brian

     
  • At 8:56 PM, January 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If anybody still awake,

    I've been trying to listen to this girl song. But apparently her server is misconfigured, and I keep being dropped half way.

    from the pieces I got, She sounds VERY good. (she is a new comer. She sounds a little like Lucinda williams mized with Hope Sandoval

    Try downloading "Singing Brigade" (if somebody got it down in one whole piece, please share...)

    http://www.shelleyshort.com/songs.html

    Her and Jenny Lewis. They both will make it big sooner or later. Incredible voice, amazing phrasing and... sexy. (okay the last one has nothing to do with music.. but)

     
  • At 10:55 AM, January 14, 2006, Blogger Kahlo said…

    Moka me han gustado todas muchísimas, tengo una carpeta con las canciones que cuelgas y la escucho todas las tardes :D

     
  • At 11:29 AM, January 14, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    Hey squashed I didn't got any problems while downloading... cool songs, it does sound like lucinda and Sandoval at some points. What do you mean by share, do you want me to upload them?

    Kahlo, me alegra muchisimo! No les digas a los que hablan ingles pero de este lado del blog eres la que mejor me cae, pero shh...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home