12.2.06

Poppy seed

A few pop songs that got stuck on my head this week. Las plantas en mi jardin florecen, dan semillas, perecen.

Lali Puna - Bi-pet
Stereolab - captain easychord
Grand National - peanut dreams
David Kitt - teenage riot
Gogi.Ge.Org. - post industrial boys
Faunts - memories of places we've never been to
Whitey - can't go out, can't stay in

Bad news for me: Signe Hoirup Wille-Jorgensen (Jomi Massage), has delayed her album "from where no one belongs, i will sing..." because the cover shows shows her in burka-like outfit in the colours of the Danish flag (read more).
If her name doesn't ring any bell to you: she has collaborated in the past with murmur, speaker bite me and the lush (now extinct?) trip-hop act, Bows.

Jomi Massage - like weather
Bows - Britannica

Image by Arthur Boyd.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, February 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The link to peanut dreams is not working ;)

     
  • At 10:03 PM, February 12, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    Oh sorry, I'll go and fix it right now. Thanks.

     
  • At 7:27 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    Hello, The last two posts were really awesome. That Einmusik was too much. Really good Aphex track as well. Post Industrial Boys was both groovy and amusing. I never knew about that cover of Teenage Riot. It's really special cos you can actually hear the words properly. Daydream Nation was such an awesome album. In the late eighties it was considered one of the greatest albums of all time. Sonic Youth were my favourite band then, kind of like the Radiohead of their generation. If you check out the book Blissed Out by Simon Reynolds, you'll get an idea of just how revered they were. I met Thurston Moore once (like staring into the face of god! ha! ha!). I don't like their newer stuff that much though. Very nice pic for the poppy seeds. Here's a link I mailed in case you didn't get it:

    http://dwl7.yourfile.org/82123795442825/

    Condesa de Dia - A chantar m'er de so q'ieu no voldria
    Hespèrion XX/Jordi Savall Montserrat Figueras - Cansos De Trobairitz c.1200

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordi_Savall

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tous_les_matins_du_monde

    *****life is infinite******

     
  • At 9:43 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    Glad you liked them. I've always thought that post industrial boys sounds like Damon Albarn doing a song with Plaid... maybe it's just me...
    Sonic Youth were one of my favorite bands as well, "daydream nation" is one of the best cd's I heard when I was young.
    Lucky to meet Thurston Moore, he's one of the greatest guitar players, truly.
    No, I didn't get the link to my mail, I'm not home but I'll download it once I get there, thanks-.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    Already a fan. I should have guessed...

     
  • At 12:14 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Kahlo said…

    Me ha gustado especialmente la canción de Lali Puna, es muy sexi :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home