9.2.06

Room #9: Visitors Ward

(A guest post from my friend, Deadfishy. Nicely done, deadfishy.)

And so, this is the first post I have ever done in a blog and I must say, I feel honored that my first post is here at the Motel.

But where are my manners? Please, let me introduce myself.

I am known as DeadFishy, let us just leave it at that, and Moka happens to be a very good friend of mine (yes, I am bragging), we attended the same High School and shared a couple of teachers. Needless to say, I have always harbored a great deal of love and respect for the manager of this lovely motel, which I have come to call my "home away from home".

For this my first post, I have taken the liberty to upload for you a small list comprised of 5 songs which I have been listening to a great deal over the past weeks.

To begin with: Jose Gonzalez.
I am ashamed to admit that I did not know of this man's existence until recently a friend of mine passed on the songs "Heartbeats" and "Remain". After listening to those two songs, I swiftly flew out of my chair and bought the album Veneer. To tell you the truth I'm a sucker for classical guitars and melancholic voices, and Jose, I believe, nailed it with this album. So, here I present to you all "Hearbeats" and "Remain"

Next we have the lovely lady Norah Jones. I just love the ring of this woman's voice, so jazzy, so sexy. This song "Don't Miss You at All", is just the perfect denial song. Every time I listen to it I am filled with an unknown nostalgia that can very well break my heart for no reason whatsoever.

Moving on, we find Lamb.
Ok, right now, most of you must be saying to yourselves... "I already know all of these artists" or "I already have these songs", let me just put your minds at ease and clarify that this post is not meant to be avant-garde , it is just a simple compilation of songs which I hold dear to my heart.
Ok, so where was I?... Oh yes, Lamb. This duo was introduced to me when I discovered Portishead a couple of years ago, and like so many, I loved them and kept them in my heart as well as my playlists. This song, "Angelica" is a beautiful cover of Claire de Lune *nods to Moka, winks*. Just close your eyes and let it flow.

Last but certainly not least MOLOKO! Ok, now this I just LOVE with all my heart and soul, this is one of the bands that marked me forever and that will stay with me until I die, when I am in my coffin I want the song "Indigo" to be playing in the background!!! Here I present to you a non-album track "Take My Hand". For those of you that are as much in love with Roisin Murphy as I am, you will love this song, and for those of you how are not… come on, how can you NOT love this song?!?!?! There are no words that will fully do justice to what I feel towards Moloko... so I'll just sigh... *sigh*...

Thank you Moka, for letting me post, much love.

Jose Gonzales - remain
Jose Gonzales - heartbeats
Moloko - take my hand
Lamb - Angelica
Norah Jones - don't miss you at all

The image is a self-portrait from Deadfishy.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:25 PM, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gracias a ti DeadFishy. Nunca habia oido la cancion de Moloko y me ha encantado. Por cierto si te gusta la de heartbeats te recomiendo mucho que te bajes la original de "the knife". en caso de que no la tengas aqui te dejo el link al post:
    http://mookamotel.blogspot.com/2006/01/turn-on-tune-in-synth-down.html

     
  • At 2:30 PM, February 09, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    I must say this motel has great music. But the room service is a little lacking to put it mildly. I am still waiting for my tuna sandwich order from a month ago.

    ..(hey ho Deadfishy. good to see your post.)

     
  • At 7:03 PM, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey deadfishy, I was about to mention the song angelica on the last post from Moka but I see you covered it already. Good one"
    Jose Gonzales is great! I've seen him live and believe me it's worth every penny.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, February 10, 2006, Blogger Kyle said…

    Great collection of tracks. They play as a nice playlist... Thanks!

     
  • At 11:02 AM, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    José González is amzing! I just love his cd Veneer, I think I might be getting addicted to it!

     
  • At 11:43 AM, February 10, 2006, Blogger FoeWeel !!! ??? said…

    great site - great music and very well put together. always an interesting selection of music

     
  • At 4:16 PM, February 12, 2006, Blogger c said…

    that moloko track is new to me.
    i LOVE it. nice post :=)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home