14.3.06

SXSW 2006. pt.2



Second part of 2006 SXSW edition. I personally like the tracks below, very mysterious and seductive but still accessible. They are the gems I found in the piles of sample tracks. The flavors: psychedelia (P.u.M.a.J.a.W., ), rock (The Sundresses, Asobi Seksu, Sistas In The Pit), and soulfull ballad (Ane Brun). I hope you like them.

P.u.M.a.J.a.W. - Gooseberry Eye (79)
The Sundresses - The Love Song (79)
Asobi Seksu - I'm Happy But You Don't Like Me (75)
Sistas In The Pit - Breathe (85)
Ane Brun - My lover will go

image credit: Suzanna

6 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM, March 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been a fan of loop (john willis) for a while now. I'll be seeing p.u.m.a.j.a.w. this friday at the sxsw. I'll let you know how that went.

     
  • At 3:52 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    hey please post about that. their sample track are awesome.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    Yeah I agree, pumajaw is a highlight (at least for me) good stuff. Didn't knew this was a project involving loop. I'll seek more about them. Nice find squashed.

     
  • At 4:10 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    What, like Loop? The actual Loop? World just keeps getting weirder.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Naranjita said…

    I really really really like Ane Brun... Had you heard Lift me feat. Madrugada? Excellent!!! I deeply recommend it to you...

    Greetings!

     
  • At 1:23 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    No way, so it really is that Loop. And that John Willis guy was in Hair and Skin Trading Company. People are taking this shoegazing revival quite seriously, it seems. I have Loop's Peel sessions, funnily enough.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home