3.8.06

The best roosters are the ones that do not sing in the morning.

Es cada vez mayor la distancia que recorro con la vista cuando miro desde esta ventana. Al principio sólo puedo ver las líneas del tren. Dos paralelas, ocultas por la herrumbre. Después de unos días las ruedas del ferrocarril. Cuando observo el vagón completo dejo nuevamente de percibir la realidad.

When it happens I then need to recall an old technique. Stand with my arms making a cross and make a brief genuflection. Then, I must breathe loudly three times in a row and immediatly hold my breath until I feel like I'm dying.

Después de aguantar el aire hasta que estoy azul, casi siempre logro ver nuevamente la luz. Percibo principalmente el cielo. Lástima que entonces las nubes sean lo único que llama mi atención.

RF - offering
Six Organs of Admittance - bless your blood
The memory band - this is how we walk the moon (moondog)
James Blackshaw - transient life in twilight
Cyann & Ben - I can't pretend anymore
Death Chants - the sonorous motions of the crystal holosphere
The Birdtree - black rainbows pt. 1 and 2

Image: Aaron Hawks, quien por cierto tiene unas muy saludables galerias de desnudos.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:07 AM, August 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cool.
    Came through a james blackshaw search, "transient life in twilight" has been my favorite song of the summer, thanks for spreading.

    will check back soon, keep up the good work.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Seidrik said…

    What' happening here ?
    it's a competition ! (5 post in three days !)
    after, it's very difficult to lesson to Julio Iglesias quietly...
    merci pour ces différents paysages musicaux.
    De jolis voyages pour l' esprit !

     
  • At 12:29 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    haha, I guess we're paying for the past weeks were we only had around 4 or 5 posts per week. I wont post again until saturday I think, so don't worry and sorry for overcrowding your time and in case you download all the songs, your computer's space.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger music is art said…

    go nuts! you can overcrowd and overstuff my computer anytime :) that cyann & ben *i cant pretend anymore* is truly one of my very favorites. i havent heard it in such a long time, it always brings me to such a special place full of midnite dreams. thankyou for sharing...

     
  • At 5:07 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Eric Balearic said…

    Y'know I was just talking to my friend Stacy about k. d. lang and she was saying that she's not all that familiar with k. d. Then it struck me that there has never been any k. d. lang on the Motel. I remember Even Cowgirls Get The Blues was mentioned recently, and that is one of the high points of her career, but I thought I should mention that Absolute Torch and Twang is a really awesome album (I found a copy on vinyl the other day, which is probably what relit the fire). As is Ingenue. So I'm sending a special request Selekta! I also recently found some Esquivel on vinyl. Life has been good to me.

    Cool with the Six Organs Of Admittance, btw!

     
  • At 12:46 AM, August 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that moondog cover. Hey moka is it just me or have you been listening to moondog a lot lately?

     
  • At 2:04 AM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Moka said…

    Gracias angeles :)

    mkrgk: no k.d. lang? I'm impressed too. will find her a space in a post soon, promise.

    cecilia: yes, never happened before I swear, my stereo keeps asking me to feed it with moondog.

     
  • At 10:27 AM, August 11, 2006, Blogger drfloyd said…

    te invito a visitar nuestro proyecto musical en
    www.no.use.free.fr
    gracias por la musica y los textos.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home